DOLE sets grant guidelines for COVID-surviving health workers

PRIVATE HEALTH CARE WORKERS. With the public health system using everyone's help and expertise, private healthcare workers assigned to contain the spread of COVID-19 infection and care for the sick, be they hired by a contractor to be deployed to public hospitals or self-employed, can get the compensation grants, according to the DOLE Labor Advisory. (PIA Bohol)     

TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol, March 26 (PIA) -- With 27 health care workers (HCW) in Bohol testing positive for COVID-19, Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Bohol Field Office reminded HCWs in the private sector to consider compensation grants available under the Bayanihan To Heal as One Act.

Bohol Field Office Officer-in-Charge Angelie Salgados cited Labor Advisory No. 21, series of 2020, where DOLE also cited the Department of Health (DOH), DOLE and Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Joint Administrative Order No 2020-0001 that set the guidelines on the verification of the qualifications of public or private HCW or their beneficiaries on the grant of compensation.

"Eligible for the compensation grant of P100, 000.00 are private HCW (pHCW) who contracted severe COVID-19 from February 1, 2020 and recovered," she said.

In case of death, beneficiaries of the private health care workers can get P1,000,000.

According to the Labor Advisory, a private HCW can be eligible for compensation grant if she provides critical and urgent services for the containment and management of COVID 19 and is, a certified employee, contractor or self-employed who is working in a public or private health care facility.

As proof, the private HCW has to submit a duly accomplished DOLE prescribed form, certificate of employment, medical abstract signed by the attending physician, and a photocopy of any two government-issued identification cards.

For private HCWs who became COVID casualties, other than those documents listed above, the documents for submission should include the original copy of the casualty's death certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), or a PSA-authenticated Death Certificate issued by the local government unit. 

As to the Labor Advisory, these documents would be submitted by the private HCW or duly authorized representative or casualty's beneficiary to the DOLE Provincial Field Office where the private HCW operates physically or online.

The DOLE Regional office evaluates the completeness of the submitted documents and submit recommendations within the day to the DOH through its Malasakit Program Office and Medical Assistance to Indigent Patients Coordinators in the region's Center for Health and Development.

When everything is approved, the DOH will notify the private HCW, representative or beneficiary, or if it is disapproved, stating reasons for disapproval.

For disapproved claims, an appeal may be sent to the DOH addressed to the Secretary.

The compensation grant would be from the DOH, according to the Labor Advisory. (rahc/PIA-7/Bohol)

Source: Philippines Information Agency (

Post a Comment