Ilocos Sur town reverts to MECQ until Jan. 22

CABUGAO, Ilocos Sur, Jan. 9 (PIA) – The provincial government of Ilocos Sur has placed this municipality under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) following a spike of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
 
Governor Ryan Luis Singson issued Executive Order (EO) No. 1 series of 2021 placing the town under MECQ effective January 8 until January 22, 2021 or unless sooner lifted or withdrawn.
 
This means measures to restrict movement will again be imposed, including the imposition of a curfew from  8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
 
“Twenty five out of the 54 recorded cases in the province as of January 7, 2021 come from the municipality of Cabugao,” the EO reads.
 
It added, “The abrupt increase of positive cases from the municipality and the confirmation of local transmission alarmed the Medical Team of Ilocos Sur hence, recommended the reclassification of the status of the said local government unit from modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) to MECQ in order to contain the virus.”
 
“Using various indicators like case doubling time of the disease and other health indicators, economic and social security, there is a need to reclassify the present status of the municipality of Cabugao in order to have more stringent quarantine restrictions,” it said further.
 
Guidelines and protocols stated in the EO shall be strictly observed during the entire time of the imposition of MECQ within the municipality.
 
Under the MECQ guidelines, the government requires strict home quarantine for all residents, with movement limited to accessing essential goods and services, and for work in permitted offices and activities.
 
Also imposed are suspension of public transportation, prohibition of mass gatherings, and limited operations of businesses.
 
The rest of the cities and towns in the province of Ilocos Sur are under MGCQ status from January 1 to 31, 2021.
 
To  date, the province of Ilocos Sur has recorded 221 total confirmed COVID-19 cases in which 56 are active, 162 have recovered, and three deaths.
 
Of the 56 active cases, 25 are from Cabugao; six are from Vigan City; three each from the municipalities of San Vicente, San Ildefonso, San Juan, and Banayoyo; two each from the towns of Sto. Domingo, Narvacan, and Tagudin; and one case each from Bantay, Santa, Sugpon, Sta. Maria, San Esteban, Santiago, and Sta. Cruz.
 
Last year, the municipalities of Tagudin and Banayoyo also reverted to MECQ to contain the surge of COVID-19 cases. (JCR/AMB/PIA Ilocos Sur)



Source: Philippines Information Agency (pia.gov.ph)

Post a Comment

0 Comments